Tuesday, January 3, 2017

About Me

My name is Jess and i'm beginning this blogging journey for myself.  I have had several failed attempts at blogs before and could never keep up with them.  I would post for a while and then taper off and revisit every few years and pick it back up.  Now it's been too long and I don't think my blogs exist anymore, or they exist, I just can't post anything to them any longer.  So i'm starting in a fresh space with a new goal.

This blog is solely for me.  If you are reading this...great, welcome!  For the time being, until I get into my writing groove, i'm going to be following 'A Year of Journaling' prompt which will give me a post a week.  I will add more than that once I get my feet wet and feel like I have more things to talk about.

The prompt for the first week is "About Me".  I have three kids (14, 10, and 7) and 2 dogs (Lab and a Short-haired Pointer).  We are a military family.  I'm a Veteran and my husband is still Active Duty.  We have been on the military journey for 17 1/2 years collectively and married for 13 years this month.  The first 4 1/2 years of the 17 1/2 we were stationed together in the same unit, that's where we met.  In our current assignment, my husband is a Basic Training 1SG.  I volunteer with the unit taking pictures, almost everyday when they are in cycle, of the trainees during their training.  I also run our Battalion Facebook page and answer questions that the trainee family members may have, help to plan Battalion family events, volunteer as a Den Leader for my youngest son's Cub Scout Den, and am on the board for our post Spouses' Club.  I also volunteer at my children's school when I have time.  I have a B.A. in Psychology and 30 hours towards a Master's Degree in Psychology.  However, I decided that was not the direction that I wanted to take in my life or career so I quit grad school.  I love working with Soldiers and their families and will look for work in that area at our next duty station working on the base.

So, that is a bit about me.      

No comments:

Post a Comment