Monday, January 30, 2017

The Last Time I Celebrated Something....

I try to celebrate the small things in life that others may not necessarily think warrant much thought.  We obviously celebrate the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries...but celebrating a win in life is good sometimes too.  Things like good grades for the kids, a great play during the soccer game, an award received for hard work, or just when everything went right on a given day or during an event.  

I work hard in my volunteer obligations and often find myself silently celebrating lots of little things when my hard work pays off.  Sometimes I even do a little dance when dinner goes off without a hitch or I get all the things on my to-do list crossed off.  

I feel like we need to celebrate these little wins and accomplishments so that we are aware of our own self-worth and how important that we are to the everyday rotation of our little section of the world.  We are special and important and the things we do everyday, whether big or small, make a difference in the lives of those around us.  I think we, as women, tend to forget that sometimes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment